.Immense yet Sensitive
We are constantly being told about miracle cures that will make our skin look younger, fresher, brighter and tighter. Science for sure is playing a huge part in our skin care regimes; because the understanding of how our skin works has come on in leaps and bounds in the past few years, we are making the most of this knowledge and for example we no longer look to a moisturiser to act purely as a barrier but as something that can add moisture and feed the skin as well.
Clinically proven tag lines adorn many products and are staple lines on all beauty adverts these days. There are retenols, AHA’s, Vit C and many more that we are actively encouraged to use. We are told by beauty companies that science can stop ageing, redness, sagging or dull skin. Now because science understands whats going on, we are all using more complex skin care regimes then ever before…well if the science backs it up why not?
Well firstly BEFORE we launch into any regime for our faces we should acknowledge that our faces are very delicate places. We need to know what our skin type actually is (and not guess) before we contemplate using any products even when we are sure the science backs it up.
First of all, most women have sensitive skin at some point in their lives whether this be an age related change or a monthly change or an emotional change. By the very nature of this we MUST NOT use products that strip our skin (exfoliation which is to ensure needed fresh cells growth) often. Any form of exfoliant shouldn’t be used more than once a week even if they are specifically for dry or sensitive skin, but this is also the case for oily and normal skin. Why? well the skin has a natural PH balance of 5.5 and the more we use products the more we literally strip away the natural layer of protection on our skin.
If you ever feel your skins becoming tight once you have either cleansed, toned or exfoliated, note right now that this means you are striping away your natural skin balance! This is actually the easiest way to know you are doing the wrong things to your skin.
A skin care expect at a recent launch of a La Roche Posey collection explained that the less we do the better, and that most women have sensitive skin at different times so using a sensitive skin regime is a very good way to do the things you want to do. Cleanse, tone and moisturise, use a treatment too by all means, but really keep it to a weekly treatment so that at the same time not you do not destroy what we naturally have.
There has recently been a few brilliant additions to the market place for Sensitive skin. La Roche Posey have an excellent new collection specifically targeted to this market which also serves red patchy skin (Rosacea). This collection is called The Toleriane range, and of course these products are allergy tested, fragrance free, and paraben free and best of all the prices as they are great for all pockets. La Roche Posay have a wonderful heritage within the world of skincare. Based in the thermal spring town of La Roche Posay in France know for centuries for its healing properties. In 1975 a French chemist created the brand we know so well today, a brand which is a fantastic and trustworthy mix of the best scientific knowledge with the best that spa water has to offer.
At the other end of the scale is Algenist is an award-winning clinical skincare brand from, of all places in the world, Silicon Valley; far more known for technology than skincare. Yet again it was down to science that we find something new for our skin. A set of Biotechnologists focused on developing microalgae-based renewable energy solutions, most unexpectedly discovered Alguronic Acid. They unlocked the secret of microalgae. Microalgae secretes a compound that not only allows it to survive, but thrive and regenerate in spite of exposure to the harshest of environments which are the same environmental exposure our faces go through! These findings were exposed to rigorous testing by Algenist to patent this natural Alguronic Acid – a powerful compound that is responsible for regenerating and protecting the microalgae cell.
Microalgae Oil is the second patented-pending ingredient to come from Algenist biotechnology. It delivers superior benefits to the skin, replenishing essential moisture and nutrient loss. Look for the Microalgae Oil in the Genius liquid collagen product, the first ever vegan plant based collagen product. Algeist also have a very superior Genius Ultimate Anti Aging Bi-Phase Peel, a truly gentle exfoliant that doesn’t act on skin in a harsh way, is suitable on all skin types and will leave your skin feeling softer and smoother – certainly not tight!
So many of us ladies these days have bought into the idea of triple cleaning or daily exfoliant use; this is SO damaging and if you are one following this then stop now! The wonderful dermatologist at the end told us she sees more people in her clinic with skin problems caused by over-use of products and harsh regimes than skin which is naturally damaged.
In no way are we saying don’t use skin care, its an absolute MUST. If nothing else, a moisturiser with SPF will protect you from damaging your skin from the suns rays. And do use treatments by all means, they are a lovely way to feel good, but stop over-using them!
Discover below plenty of ranges that are very helpful for a perfectly safe and caring skin care regime. See how to use them properly and don’t forget…PLEASE do not exfoliate every day, just weekly, and that in itself will help you Stay Young And Beautiful.
Shoot 1 – Right to left
- Spring Water – thermal spring water for sensitive skin, naturally rich in anti-free radical Selenium to help soothe and decongest, soothes, and protects naturally anti-oxidant – 150gr
How to use: Close your eyes and hold the spray 20cm from your face. After three minutes, your skin will have absorbed the selenium rich water, leaving it feeling refreshed and hydrated.
- Contour – soothing eye contour care, intensely hydrates and soothes. Day after day skin feeling soothed and long-lasting comfort is restored 20ml
How to use: Apply the contour to pre-cleansed eyelids to gently restore moisture to the skin.
- Dermo Cleanser – a cleansing and make-up removal fluid for face &eyes suitable for all types of intolerant skin, fragrance free, preservatives free, paraben and surfactant free -40ml
How to use: Apply the fluid to a damp face and allow to sit for several seconds before gently removing with a wipe or flannel.
- Soothing fluid – intense soothing fluid for face and eyes, providing immediate and intense relief and hydration for sensitive skin, it works on even the most reactive, intolerant or allergy-prone skin, and leaves skin feeling soothed, hydrated and comfortable – 40ml
How to use: Apply to your face, neck and eyelids every morning and evening to soothe any irritated areas of skin.
- Cleanser lotion – extremely gentle cleanser lotion, fragrance free for hyper sensitive and irritable skin 200ml
How to use: Apply to your face with your fingertips in a light circular motion to soften the skin and remove makeup
- Toning lotion – gentle toning lotion completes make-up removing and soothes for dry to very dry sensitive skin 200 ml
How to use: Apply to a damp face before moisturising, ensuring to shake well before use.
- Skin Recovery cream – soothing protecting for dry hypersensitive irritable skin 50ml
How to use: Calm irritated skin by applying the cream twice a day to your face and neck.
- Cleansing foam – cleanser, removes make-up, mattifies for normal to combination sensitive skin 150 ml
How to use: Massage the foam onto a damp face with your fingertips, focusing on the t-zone and forehead before rinsing thoroughly.
Shoot 2 – Right to left
- 1% BHA Lotion exfoliant (gentle minimises pore size and soothes skin. All skin types) 100 ml
How to use: After cleansing and toning, apply a coin sized amount of exfoliant to your face and massage well. Do not rinse. Use once a week.
- Redness Relief Cleanser (gel formula, gently cleans and smooths, normal to oily skin) 198 ml
How to use: After splashing a generous amount of water onto your face before applying the cleanser in circular motions. Rinse well with a washcloth or flannel.
- Redness relief toner – nourishes and soothes extra sensitive skin 118 ml
How to use: Massage a small amount of the toner onto a damp face to nourish skin and get rid of makeup, before rinsing well.
- Redness relief SPF 30 Mineral Moisturiser – moisturises and Protects reactive skin, normal to oily, 60ml
How to use: Finish your morning skincare routine by applying this moisturiser. Allow to dry before applying makeup.
- Toner – soothing apricot toner – calming facial toner advanced skin care 200 ml
How to apply: Use a cotton wool pad to absorb the toner before wiping it into your face. Ensure to keep it from coming into contact with your eyes. Refrigerate before use for extra refreshment.
- SOS Emergency Cream – intensive moisturizer – advanced skin care 50ml
How to apply: Loosen the product in your hands before stroking it across irritated areas of skin twice a day.
- Gentle rose exfoliator – smoothing skin polish – advanced skin care 50ml
How to apply: After warming the product in your palms, massage it lightly onto dampened skin before rinsing off with water. Dermatologists recommend repeating this process twice a week.
- Cleanser wash – sensitive cleansing wash – gentle cleanser was – advanced skin care 200 ml
How to use: Lather the product into your skin using warm water. Can be used on the face as well as on the body.
Shoot 3 – Right to left
Janjira – Art of Siam (Marine radiant white)
- Brightening cleanser – removes make-up and impurities, gentle formula without irritating skin 100 ml
How to use: Emulsify a small amount of the cleanser with water and apply to the face.
- Exfoliating scrub – help to deeply cleanse and exfoliate whilst retaining moisture and brightening complexion 100 ml
How to use: Massage into your skin whilst in the shower or bath, focusing particularly on dry area like the elbows and knees before rinsing off. use once a week.
- Brightening toner – gentle oil, alcohol free helps to hydrate and restore skin’s natural balance 130 ml
How to use: Apply a few drops of oil to your skin and blend gently with your fingertips.
- Regenerating night cream 30ml
How to use: Massage a small amount onto your face before bed for long-lasting hydration.
- Foaming facial cleanser for sensitive skin with prebiotics and postbiotics – soap free ultra-gentle formula. Lactic acid to help smooth skin and prebiotics to nourish your microbiome. 120 ml
How to use: Rub gently into a wet face, taking care around the eyes.
- Face mask and scrub – balancing and smoothing with biotic complex – combines mattifying kaolin and sea water minerals with complex prebiotics and lactic acid to help protect microbiome. 100 ml
How to use: Press a coin sized amount onto damp skin and massage thoroughly. Give the nutrients five minutes to absorb before rinsing your skin and patting it dry. Use once a week
- Hydrating face cream with triple biotic complex 30ml
How to use: Create the perfect makeup base by applying a small amount to your face and neck every morning, followed by sun protection to ensure your skin gets the best level of care.
Shoot 4 – Right to left
- Gentle Day Cream Sensitive Skin – Noncomedogenic 50 ml
How to use: Hydrate and soothe your irritated skin apply the cream daily and massage well to nourish your sensitive skin and restore its natural radiance.
- Gentle Foaming Cleanser – with Shea butter soothing cleansing for dry or sensitive skin
How to use: Use the creamy mousse generously across your face to remove excess makeup and unclog your pores.
- Extra-Comfort Toning Lotion with Aloe Vera, alcohol free for dry and sensitive skin. 200ml
How to use: Soak a cotton pad with the lotion and smoothen over the face, neck, and eye contour region daily.
- Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate – S.O.S. treatment for sensitive skin 15ml
How to use: Apply three to five drops to cleansed skin and massage gently, avoiding contact with the eyes.
- Santal Face Treatment Oil – 100% pure plant extracts for dry skin 30ml
How to use: Apply a few drops to irritated areas of skin to calm dryness and redness. Use twice a week
- Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil – 100% pure plant extracts for dehydrated skin 30 ml
How to use: Blend several drops of the oil into your face and body at night and in the morning to soften dry skin. Use twice a week
- Gentle peeling smooth away cream with primrose extract 50 ml
How to use: Apply a moderate amount of the scrub onto dry areas of skin. Wait for the product to dry before peeling it off, leaving a soft and silky touch to your skin. Use once a week.
- Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Micellar Cleanser
How to use: Soak a cotton pad with the cleanser before sweeping it over your face and eyelid to remove impurities whilst leaving skin feeling light and refreshed.
- Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Treatment Lotion
How to use: Moisturise the cream into your skin thoroughly throughout the day to nourish dry areas.
- Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Advanced Face Serum
How to use: Apply a generous amount to your face and allow the natural oils to soak into the skin before rinsing thoroughly.
- Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream
How to use: Apply the serum to a dampened face as many times as necessary to soften and restore hydration back into your skin.
Shoot 5 – Right to left
- Argan Skin Renew Moisturiser – Anti-Aging Treatment with clinically proven 24h hydration. all skin types 50 ml
How to use: After cleansing and toning, massage a small amount into your face and neck.
- Kale enzymatic exfoliant – defence against urban pollution. Oxygenates for healthier skin. All skin types 50ml
How to use: This product can be used in multiple ways. Massage over moist skin for a gentle daily cleanse, or smooth over dry skin and leave for two minutes before rinsing with water for a more thorough exfoliation. You can even use the product as a facemask – just apply it to your face and allow it to sit for five minutes before gently scrubbing it off with a moist flannel or washcloth to soften and nourish your skin. When using as a facemask use once a week.
- Kale 3d Cleanse – colour changing facial wash. Detoxifies and protects against pollution. All skin types. 100 ml
How to use: Apply a drop onto damp skin and emulsify it with water; massaging gently. You should notice the colour change to a minty green, after which time you should rinse away with cold water.
- Soothing gel cleanser – cleanses away impurities while calming and soothing skin. Relieves tightness and discomfort 200 ml
How to use: Massage the cleanser evenly over your neck, face and chest after toning and cleansing.
- Correcting moisturiser broad spectrum SPF 15 PA++ – neutralizes redness with colour correcting tint soothes and hydrates red, irritated skin 50ml
How to use: Massage evenly over face and neck daily
- Recovery Treatment Gel – Redness therapy – fortifies delicate skin with cooling agents for all day comfort – Reduces the appearance of redness 50ml
How to use: Massage thinly over your face, neck and chest to refresh and moisturise dry or blotchy areas of skin.
Shoot 6 – Right to left
- Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream with time release hydropatches moisturises and nourishes 50ml
How to use: Massage onto the face every up to twice a day to nourish and rejuvenate the skin
- Rose Face Mask – Infused with real rose petals, hydrates and tones 100ml
How to use: Apply to the face morning and night for daily nourishment.
- Rose Deep Hydration Face Serum – With Angelica Leaf Extract – Retains Moisture 30ml
How to use: Add some glow to your complexion by applying to your face twice daily and blending well.
- Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner – With Rose Fruit Extract – Removes Impurities and Softens 250ml
How to use: Gently swipe over the face and neck after cleansing to experience the perfect solution to dry/sensitive skin.
- Hypoallergenic Firming Eye Cream – Hydrates, firms and smooths with olive polyphenols 15ml
How to use: Gently sweep across the eye contour in the morning and the evening to hydrate the skin and restore its tightness.
- Cocoa Moisture Mask – Instantly nourishes and hydrates revealing youthful supple looking skin, leaves skin looking radiant and luminous. 59ml
How to use: After cleansing the skin thoroughly, massage a generous amount of the product onto your face in circular motions and continue until the colour darkens to a rich chocolatey brown. Then leave for five to ten minutes before removing with cold water and a flannel. Use once to twice a week
- Hypoallergenic gentle cleanser – cleanses and soothes without stripping skin of natural oils with olive polyphenols 237ml
How to use: After waking up, massage a small amount of the product into your skin after dampening with a flannel. Repeat the process once again before going to bed.
- Hypoallergenic Nourishing Moisturiser – deeply moisturising and hydrating with olive polyphenols, a gentle yet powerful moisturiser 59ml
How to use: Apply every morning and evening to dry areas of skin to provide nourishment and moisture.
Shoot 7 – Right to left
- Gentle Facial Buffing Cream with botanical extracts, all skin types, sweeps away dead cells and impurities, refines skin texture – 50ml
How to use: Remove dead skin cells and impurities by applying to the face in circular motions. Use once or twice per week.
- Cleansing Milk with White Lily for dry/sensitive skin, cleans deeply yet gently, removes make-up and impurities, leaves skin clean, fresh, supple and glowing – 250ml
How to use: Apply to dry, sensitive skin as often as necessary. Emulsify with water and massage in small, circular motions before rinsing to soften and smoothen skin.
- Restorative Facial Cream – with Shea butter day and night, all skin types, specially recommended for soothing and repairing the effects of outdoor and sun exposure 40ml
How to use: Apply the cream to irritated areas of the face.
- Refreshing Cleanser – Gentle Cleanser for Sensitive Skin, gentle cleansing treatment removes surface impurities while minimizing pores appearance and preserving hydration. 125 ml
How to use: Mix with water and apply to sensitive or irritated skin first thing in the morning and last thing before bed to lock in moisture and cure dryness.
- Reparative Moisturizer – Silky Moisturizer for Dry Skin, delivers high-performance hydration with its blend of biocompatible hyaluronic acid and natural humectants for optimal moisture balance 50ml
How to use: For best results, massage a small amount into your skin day and night to prevent dryness and add a radiant glow.
Shoot 8 – Right to left
Algenist (Genius Range)
- Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream with Alguronic Acid and Microalgae Oil – help visibly strengthen the fragile eye area, fine lines and wrinkles are visibly reduced and skin luminosity is improved 15ml
How to use: Apply twice a day along the lower eye contours
- Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser with Alguronic Acid and Microalgae Oil – 150ml
How to use:Massage into dry skin until the gel becomes oil, to gently remove any lingering traces of makeup and soften the skin.
- Ultimate Anti-Aging Cream with Alguronic Acid and Microalgae Oil – 60ml
How to use: After cleansing, apply this cream to the face and neck, avoiding the area around the eyes.
- Liquid Collagen with Alguronic Acid and Collagen 30 ml
Condition and hydrate your skin by applying to your face after cleansing with your usual serum and blending in well with your fingertips
Shoot 9 – Right to left
Sukin –Love your Skin Sensitive Face care gift set
- Night Cream – A rich time moisturiser with calming Cucumber and Chamomile help to soothe and hydrate your complexion 20 ml
How to use: Massage into dry skin every night to relax and nourish your skin before bed.
- Moisturiser – This lightweight and gentle moisturiser combines Shea Butter and Aloe Vera to calm and soothe the complexion 125 ml
How to use: Massage delicately into your skin after moisturising as many times as necessary for an instant dewy glow.
- Gel – this facial cleanser provides a gentle, non- drying cleanse to remove impurities and excess oils, leaving skin sift, clear and balanced
How to use: Wash your face before cleansing with the gel and then rising thoroughly to remove impurities.
Shoot 10 – Right to left
- ReVive Sensitive Renewal Cream – Daily Cellular Protection SPF 30 UVB/UVS 50ml
How to use: Apply in the morning after cleanser, toner and serum.
- Darphin Intral – Redness relief soothing serum for sensitive skin 50ml
How to use: Apply 3 pumps to face neck after cleansing and toning. Massage gently with fingertips in an upward motion from the inner to the outer part of the face. Follow with your appropriate Intral cream
- La prairie Switzerland – Cellular softening and balancing lotion 250 ml
How to use: After cleansing, saturate a cotton pad with lotion and gently sweep over your face and throat – or pour a small amount into the palm of your hand and pat onto your skin with your fingertips