.Inside out Sao Paulo
Creative directors Hugo Veiga and Diego Machado currently help spearhead AKQA’s Sao Paulo office, the newest office for the global firm. The company design and deliver digital products and services with a multidisciplinary team has been involved in some of the most groundbreaking projects across multiple industries. However Sao Paulo has been in the news so much woth the olympics in the summer its always good to hera the places that the natives of the city feel are the best places to hang out. Here, they have selected their favourite spots in their city. São Paulo is known to be a city of remarkable energy. It’s a unique environment filled to the brim and bursting with local spots that drive inspiration, imagination, collaboration, creativity, and beauty. These spots range from collective coffee shops, views to die for, restaurants, galleries, night and day life, and the evolving electronic music scene.
They say ….’But, first coffee…’
- House of the Fork: Amazing place in Pinheiros where you can sit, relax, and clear your mind so you can brainstorm effectively
- Chianti Chocommelier: Another great place in Pinheiros to have some coffee paired with delicious chocolates. Revisit later in the day for Happy Hour, it’s the ideal spot to have it with wine or whisky
- Lillori: Bakery with a huge variety on the menu, plus everything is gluten free.
- Biozone: Delicious food and contagious energy, perfect for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up.
- Raposeiras: This is the place to have coffee, the variety is enormous. Every type of coffee imaginable.
The views you can’t miss…
- Praça do Por do Sol: This is the perfect spot to see the sunset. All you need is a towel to sit, a glass of wine and a book. And a camera.
- Tommie Othake Rooftop: The rooftop view is gorgeous.
- Maksud Plaza (panam): Beautiful view – especially during the night.
Eat, drink and be merry…
- Ovo & Uva: A great restaurant to have some wine and share some appetizers. The perfect place to hang out with friends and unwind after a long day.
- Lika: Japanese restaurant at Liberdade. Delicious! Authentic Japanese food in Brazil.
- Santinho, inside Tommie Othake: This restaurant has amazing Brazilian food, all the flavors complement one another perfectly so order whatever you like.
- Mani: One of the best restaurants in São Paulo – all the dishes are delicious. This is a must visit.
Get whatever you want in one place…
- Galeria Ouro Fino: Forget trawling the shopping malls – find everything you want here from clothes to tattoo parlours
- Caos Bar: Small and cozy bar on Augusta Street. The beer is cheap and you can sit and people watch for hours
- Fabriketa: A great place in the heart of the city. It’s an abandoned factory where some brands hold some cool and innovative pop-ups and parties.
- Trackers: An unused building in the centre of São Paulo where a lot of amazing parties take place – trust us.
- Nos Trilhos: An abandoned railroad track that hosts some of the best parties during the day, afternoon and night. Anytime is party time
- Risadaria: The stand-up comedy here is amazing and the location means you can visit plenty of bars before and after the show.
- Maksud Plaza (Frank): One of the best place to have drinks in São Paulo – whatever you want, they have.
When you visit, you have to explore the burgeoning electronic music scene. The parties begin in the street and today are much more sophisticated than your average rave. This scene has hosted some of the best underground parties in Brazil, from ODD and BLACK MAMBA, to GOP TUN. Your mission is to snag an invite to one of these when you’re in town.
Recognised as the world’s most-awarded copywriter and art director at the 2013 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Hugo and Diego won a record 23 Lions for five different projects last year. Their work for Dove Real Beauty Sketches earned Latin America’s first Titanium Grand Prix, and has become the most-watched branded film of all time on YouTube with more than 165 million views. Time magazine named it the best commercial of 2013.