We in the UK are in the last throws of summer but for many across the continent or those off from the UK to sunnier climbs will find heatwaves reaching scary levels from Europe to the middle east. One of the most comforting ways to cool down is without doubt a mist face spray.
Instantly cooling and refreshing these spray now are nourishing and conditioning.
So don’t forget to take one out with you in the heat (or the gym) for a little instant cool relief and a little bit of healing.
1. L’Occitane en Provence – Pivoine sublime perfecting mist ‘Brume Perfectrice Mist’: L’Occitane reveals an innovative collection of perfecting skin care products for all skin types and complexions. This product, is easy to carry beauty mist refreshes and helps beautify the skin at any time of the day.
2. Merci Handy– Hello Sunshine Love & refreshing face mist (Aisle 8 PR): A bright yellow pattern on the can and designed to smell like a summer breeze. With a quick spritz of the mist that awful skin-tight feeling will disappear, and you will be left with a delightfully dewy complexion instead of the city rushed look.
3. Sukin– Hydrating Mist Toner – Alcohol and Paraben Free (Aisle 8 PR): An alcohol-free Hydrating Mist Toner combines Rosewater and Chamomile to help soothe, purify and cool tired skin. It can be used before and after cleansing and make-up application or when your skin is feeling tired. Keep refrigerated to instantly refresh skin on hot days.
4. Mac prep+ prime (mini) travel size 125ml: This product leaves moisture on the skin, and gives that little shimmer in the formulae with special effects silicones. Calms and soothes skin, blots away access oil and evens out skin redness.
5. Evian Brumis Ateur Facial Spray 50ml: Perfect for a purse or travel. Helps release dry skin caused by high attitude and poor air quality during flight. Effectively helps restore facial moisture on dry skin.
1. Avene Eau Themale – thermal spring water for sensitive skin 300ml: The spring water ensures that all it’s soothing and softening properties are preserved. Ideal for red, sensitive or irritated skin and perfect for post-workout, travel, outdoor activities or to freshen up makeup.
2. Liz Earle– Instant boost naturally active skin tonic spritzer 200ml: This heavily floral-scented, non-drying toner, brightens and refreshes your skin. Gentle, alcohol-free, it also adds a fine layer of moisture
3. La Roche Posay Anti Shine spf 50 invisible fresh mist: Anthelios’ first EVER high protection with a light and fresh of a thermal spring water. Invisible on skin and texture; double anti-shine action, immediate absorption, ultra-dry finish, no white marks and is water resistant.
4. Institut Esthederm– cellulaire spray 100ml: Upon application, works like a genuine “energy bomb”, restoring freshness, radiance and vitality to the skin. It boosts the effectiveness of Institue Esthederm treatments.
5. Algenist Brume Hydrating setting mist 120ml: This weightless, hydrating serum in a setting mist creates a visible refreshed skin and longer lasting, luminous makeup. Mineral-enriched sea water combine with algalyte complex and alguronic acid to intensively hydrate and moisture the skin. The skin is visually radiant.
6. Mac Prep & Prime 100ml: A lightweight gel lotion, that evens out redness and skin tone while adding radiance. Improves the lay down and application of foundation or powder.
1. ARK skin care– hydrating mist – 150ml: Intensively refreshing and soothing beauty mist with bio active ingredients to hydrate and protect skin.The combination of Wild Water Mint, Aloe Vera and soothing Allatoin, moisturises, protects and calms.
2. Clarins Paris make up fix long lasting- 50ml: A light refreshing mist that sets and gives a longer lasting hold with makeup. Enriched with aloe vera and allatoin, it instantly moisturises and soothes the skin. A simple spray for long-lasting makeup.
3. Evolve Organic beauty – Daily defence moisture mist 100ml: A potent facial mist with organic Prickly Pear extract to calm irritated skin, whilst firming, protecting and increasing hydration levels. African moringa peptides protect the skin from pollutants and purifies the skin.Also contains hyaluronic acid to intensively hydrate and plump the skin.
4. Ren clean skin care flash defence anti- pollution mist 60ml: A fine mist that instantly shields and protects the skin from the effects of ageing of harmful free radicals and environmental pollution. It helps to strengthen natural defences of the skin against oxidative stress, boosting the skins ability to detoxify.
1. The Chapel – Nectula, pulse point 8ml: A small roll on perfume inspired by birdsong think exotic florals citrus and earthy tones. Put on pulse points such as ears and wrists to calm and sooth.
2. Aesop– Immediate moisture: A refreshing aromatic spray is suitable for all types of skins. A rose infused hydrated helps revive damaged skin, whether it’s wrinkles or patchy areas on the face. This moisturiser not only leaves your skin smooth and looking great, it leaves behind an aroma that helps awakens your senses.
3. Elizabeth Arden – Eight-hour miracle hydrating mist brune miracle: Powered by a super fruit blend, rich in antioxidants and vitamins, this ultra-fine mist leaves skin feeling reinvigorated and looking healthy.
4. Elemis Balancing lavender toner: This gentle purifying treatment toner effectively tones the skin and helps rebalance the pH level, without the use of alcohol of harsh detergents, leaving a fresh clear completion.
5. LA Roche posay thermal spring water: An essential skincare treatment for intolerant skin, helping smooth skin using internal factors, e.g. The sun, and helps guard against ageing skin.
6. Clinique moisture face spray: Bring along a refreshing face spray for showers relief for thirsty skin. A burst of moisture and active aloe vera, with not a drop of oil included. Quickly replenishes skin’s moisture level, restoring balance.
1. Caudalie– Beauty Elixer 100ml: An ideal skin treatment for skin that is lacking radiance, the Elixer acts as an anti-dull complexion treatment for smokers, a priming base for makeup and makes a great aftershave for men. Including extracts of grape, toning rosemary, astringent organic mist balm and uplifting mint essential oils this Beauty Elixer soothes and prepares your skin for further treatments.
2. Susanne Kaufmann– Moisturizing spray 75ml: The moisturising spray is tenderly scented, pleasantly refreshing spray for the face and the neck. Including a calming active ingredient witch-hazel and moisturising silk proteins. The natural cell protection factor ecotoine helps the skin to repair damage from ultra-violet light, has an anti-oxidising effect and fights against free radicals. It’s ideal for summer, the beach and travel.
3. Institut Esthederm – City protect incelium spray 100ml: The must have daily product, that covers the body into a protective blanket. City Protect spray protects the skin from environmental and urban stressors (sun, pollution) and strengthens natural defences.
4. Immunocologie’s vital ionic mist: A hydrating, mineral rich mist that enhances skin cell performances. Vital Iconic mist brings balance in the skin, supporting the skin’s natural protective barrier and increase a epidermal vitality by nourishing the skin with minerals and trace minerals essential to its long term health.
1. Voya – Ritzy Spritzy Facial spray 125ml: The spray helps to tone, cool, soothe and hydrate your skin with a blend of organic botanical herbs and essential oils. This luxurious toner can be used daily all hours, as a refresher in flights or to cool and soothe at the beach.
2. Eau Florale Floral spray mist 125ml: Floral spray mist soothes and relaxes immediately. On the beach, it is perfect to moisturise the skin and refresh it in seconds. In the evening, it helps remove makeup.
3. Verso– at panachecosmetics.com from 12th august an Anti Pollution spray for daily use 50ml: Helping to prevent premature ageing caused by environmental pollution, this light airy mist prohibits pollutant metals and gases from penetrating the skin. Hydrating and refreshing mist, super-protective spray will rejuvenate skin and improve stamina.
Creative Direction Jo Phillips, supported by Julie Jacobs
Photography Marc Beassart