On the verge of the sunnier days of spring, we explore one of the season’s most tantalising trends – fringe & feathers. From Osman’s luscious feather trimmed loungewear, to Christopher Kane’s darkly romantic spring collection filled with feathery delights; designers’ inspiration definitely took flight this season – both literally and metaphorically. On the other hand, the slow burn of the Wild West also inspired some wonderful leather fringed details – arriving on raw denim and gaucho inspired leather fringed edging.
Hannh Lyn Tan
1. Pink Flying Parrot Charms by Markus Lupfer
2. Black Feather trimmed Cardigan by Christopher Kane
3. Black fringed leather gloves by Agnelle
4. Red & Navy Puzzle bag by Loewe
5. Black Feathered Fedora by House of Malaika
So – whether by way of flouncy feathered trims, raw edge hems, or even the welcome arrival of cowboy fringed leather tassels; fringing detail is definitely fashion’s latest obsession, a trend that is definitely here to stay.
6. White Fringed Dress by Xu Zhi
7. Feather trimmed cropped denim jeans by Alice + Olivia
8. Midnight Blue Eve Feathered Trimmed Jacket by Osman
9. Orange fringed silk top by Diane Von Furstenburg
10. Black and White Feather Cocktail Dress by Coast