Velvety, crinkly, fine, frizzy, voluminous, coloured, fringe, or feathered, all hair types have their own unique necessities. All types crave a proper caring routine. Blowout Auxiliary reads into the brand that started the unique business exclusively focused on blow-dries.
Who would have thought there was a gap in the market in the world of hairdressing? Well, Alli Webb did. In 2010 she started a salon purely for blow-dries. People that didn’t need the full cut and colour service but did require elegant sleek hair on a weekly basis. Founder, Webb, started to popularise the concept of blow-dries on a budget in 2010.
“She’s completely disrupted the beauty industry by creating a modern update to the hair salon,” said Forbes Magazine.
For some, there is nothing quite like the feeling of having your luscious locks blown dry with the high-end products of a hair salon. Bouncing out with a head full of beautifully pristine curls can make your day. Before, it was only possible to experience this along with your appointment for a regular cut and colour. But now meet, Drybar a brand that allows you to experience a salon that specializes purely in blow-dries. Nothing else just that high of freshly styled hair.
From 2010 until now, in the USA, you can find almost 100 Drybar salons where you can book appointments. Beyond its focus on the hair industry, Webb brought out the ‘bar’ aspect to the blow-dry salons. The cashiers are dubbed “bartenders,” and the hairstyles are named after popular drinks like the Cosmo, Mai Tai, or Manhattan. Bringing fun to the brand and presenting it to customers in the same vein as poping for a cocktail.
Their salons have yet to make it to the UK but no need to fret, Webb decided to accompany her USA salons with a wide range of essential blowout products (also following the cocktail theme with products like ‘Sake Bomb’ and ‘Gin Twist’). Their hefty product line, 46 in total, covers every step of their process that you can bring to the comfort of your own home. The haircare brand has recently landed in the UK this October.
Their philosophy is to focus on one thing and be the absolute best at it. They not only sell a wide selection of blow-drying tools and blow-drying treatments.
Their products cover the entire blow drying process you would see within their US salons. They have made it possible to bring the full experience of blowouts to your own home. All the way from cleansing and conditioning to the Money Maker Hairspray to hold your finished blow-dry.
There are six distinct categories with the product line: here are a few toplined products within each section
Cleanse & Condition
- Liquid Glass Smooth Shampoo: Rich yet lightweight formula cleanses hair and helps provide a smooth, shiny, frizz-free finish.
Prep & Protect
- Prep Rally Prime & Prep Detangler: Formulated with Biotin, Vitamins B & C and UV blockers, this lightweight detangler protects hair from heat and preps hair for optimal performance of styling products.
Drying & Styling
- The Double Shot Oval Blow-Dryer Brush: Combines the hot air of a blow-dryer with the structure of a round brush to create a smooth, shiny blowout with tons of volume in one quick, simple step.
Styling & Finishing
- Liquid Glass Miracle Smoothing Sealant: Heat-activated technology wraps an invisible shield around each hair strand to provide frizz resistance. Leaves a super-glossy, silky finish without weighing hair down.
Extend Your Blow-Dry
- Detox Dry Shampoo Grapefruit Mimosa Scent: Eliminates oils and impurities, leaving hair looking and feeling clean and refreshed with extra volume and a matte finish.
- The Morning After Shower Cap: Outer shell protects your blowout from water during bathing and showering. Luxurious terry-cloth lining absorbs moisture and steam to prevent frizz.
Drybar has stayed true to the brand. With a concrete focus, you can ensure there is a clear purpose behind the name, “No Cuts. No Color. Just Blowouts.”
If you enjoyed reading Blowout Auxiliary, why not check out What is Perfection?