The Japanese skin-care brand shiro opened their first store in London. the brand is a lifestyle natural beauty brand with their products all being made of natural, expertly chosen ingredients sourced from Japan. Their range features lifestyle and beauty products, such as body care, fragrance, and home-care. The aim of the brand is to enhance the people’s natural beauty with simple methods and they want to share the wonderful, natural Japanese ingredients with the world. The making of their products is based on eight guiding principles:
- They want to make products that they themselves want to use everyday.
- They get to know their natural ingredients.
- They bring out the best of those ingredients.
- They meet the producers.
- They learn and share the ideas of the producers.
- They share their Japanese products with the whole world.
- They make their products in Japan.
- They make the world a happier place.
One of the most popular ingredients used in shiro’s products is Kombu. It is a kind of seaweed and is a basic ingredient in Japanese cooking. Shiro is using a special type called Gagome Kombu which is more moisturizing and can only be found in certain areas of the ocean. Another unique Japanese ingredient that the brand uses is called Sakekasu. It is a natural by-product of the Sake production and comes from a Sake brewery. The product is high in amino acids and minerals and it smoothes and moistens dry skin.
The store is located at 33E Kings Road, London SW3 4LX, United Kingdom. It is open Monday to Saturday from 10:00 – 19:00 and Sunday from 12:00 – 18:00.
For more information, visit their website here.