#Together Campaign

By Baishali Banerjee

In collaboration with award-winning Afro-Lantinx fashion designer Ed Mendoza ‘Warpig Wonder,’ British regenerative fashion firm BOTTLETOP will release 100 limited edition COP27 unisex T-shirts on November 11 as part of the #TOGETHER Campaign. Leading LGBTQ+ and environmental activists Sophia Kianni, the youngest member of the UN Secretary-Youth General’s Advisory Group on Climate Change, Jerome Foster II, the youngest-ever advisor to the White House, and Elijah McKenzie-Jackson, co-founder of the environmental movement Waic Up, served as inspiration and launch partners for the collaboration.

The special edition unisex T-shirts feature slogans on custom-made tees, each designed and hand dyed by Ed Mendoza (@warpigwonder) and created from 100% recycled textiles. As a designer of clothes for non-binary audiences Ed’s signature bold and colorful designs feature slogans from each activist: “Science Not Silence” (Sophia) “Simply Love” (Elijah) “The Future is Indigenous” (Ed) and “Respect Existence or Expect Resistance” (Jerome) – all messages they have chosen to share at this year’s conference in Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt.

The T-shirts are made with 100 percent recycled yarns; 60 percent of them are recycled organic cotton from the textile industry, which would have otherwise ended up in landfills, and the other 40 percent are recycled plastic bottles (PET), which are collected locally and brought to the production facility in India, which is run on renewable energy. These components combine to create a rich, long-lasting yarn when they are joined. The Global Recycle Standard (GRS) and Organic Content Standard have both been applied to all products (OCS).

The special edition T-shirt, a symbol of inclusivity, is the center piece of the “Science Not Silence” campaign, which aims to empower and inspire LGBTQ+, women, youth, and Indigenous activists and allies at this year’s climate summit.

Pre-orders for the limited edition T-shirts can be made for £65 at togetherband.org. All #TOGETHER goods produce revenue that helps beneficiaries advance the Goals locally.

Cent Magazine, London. Be Inspired; Get Motivated.

Verified by MonsterInsights