As you know, December 1st marks World Aids Day. To honor this day, fight against aids, and raise even more awareness on the disease, brands and designers have united to created limited edition pieces and products in the color red. It’s become easier to make a difference with all these wonderful goodies!
1. M.A.C: Everyday is world’s aids day for M.A.C, but in honor of this day, M.A.C will double its donations for online purchases of Viva Glam:
2. Victoria Beckham: Victoria has released a limited edition t-shirt in honor of Worlds Aids Day:
3. Eastpak: The brand has enlisted 16 designers to design one-of-a-kind backpacks in honor of World Aids Day. Designers include Jean Paul Gaultier, Manolo Blanik, MSGM, Tim Coppens, Antoine Peters, Lala Berlin, Henrik Vibskov, Christopher Lee Sauvé, Sybilla, Christopher Shannon, and KRJST amongst others:
4. Lulu Guinness: The designer has designed a limited-edition Lulu Guinness brooch to increase awareness of HIV. The ribbon, which has an antique gold trim, even features her signature red lips. On this collaboration, the designer has said: “I was delighted to get the opportunity to be involved in designing such an integral symbol for the charity. I hand drew the design and wanted to make sure that was portrayed in the design, to give it a bit of a flourish. I feel honoured to be involved with such a wonderful charity in my 25th year of design and my main aim is to help lift the stigma and raise awareness through my involvement, whilst ensuring the spotlight is on the charity and all it is doing to help fight the cause!”
5. Aden + Anais: The brand has partnered with moms Jessica Alba, Gwen Stefani, and Rachel Zoe to design fun printed organic swaddles. For each Aden + Anais (PRODUCT)RED Special Edition Designer Collection 3-pac sold, 25% of the proceeds will go to benefit the Global Fund.
6. amFar Gear: Jean Paul Gaultier has designed a limited edition T-shirt, towel, and tote and 100% of proceeds benefits amFar: Making Aids History:
5. Raf Simons: Dior’s creative director has signed and donated a unique copy of ‘Isolated Heroes’ for Designers Against Aids and it’s up for auction: